At ABS Biotechnologies we believe in a bright future where there are as many opportunities as stars in the sky.
Come and grab them with us and become part of our team.
We care about diversity and inclusion.
Your uniqueness matters to us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative
Technical specialist (Full time; 40 hours per week)
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Technical Specialist to join ABS Biotechnologies GmbH. Our mission is to use next-generation stem cell technology for rigorous screening of new drug compounds. This prevents exposing patients to harmful side effects.
ABS Biotechnologies has three major areas of work: The iPSC derivation focuses on human cellular reprogramming, cardiac and smooth muscle cells differentiation.
We are recruiting a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and technically competent technical specialist with a degree in biological sciences and experience in mammalian cell culture. This position is primarily laboratory based.
- You will be actively involved in culturing human pluripotent stem cells and cardiac differentiation
- Quality control and banking for research use
- Writing and reviewing SOPs, study protocols, and reports
- Act as a „superuser” in training others
- Inventory management
- Minimum: B.S. in the field of Biological Sciences.
- Experience in cell biology laboratory/mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Interest in high-throughput screening and ability to troubleshoot complicated laboratory processes
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques (DNA and RNA extractions, gel electrophoresis, PCR) and microscopy.
- Experience in technical writing such as protocols and reports.
- Ability to train and develop others in scientific techniques
- High attention to detail and good record keeping
- Ability to organise and schedule own work
- Experience in collaborating with others, desire to learn new technical skills, and effectively working in teams
- Proficiency in verbal as well as written English and good communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Hands-on experience in pluripotent stem cell culture will be an advantage.
- German language skills are a plus but not mandatory.
- Informal but professional working atmosphere
- Autonomy – We teach you the skills and tools you need to work independently
- Opportunities for personal development
- Start-up culture
- Free employee parking
We are required by Austrian law to post a minimum salary. The minimum annual gross salary for this position is EUR 30,000.00, depending on experience and qualification salary can be negotiated.
Applications should include a copy of the CV, motivation letter, names, and contact details of 2 referees. Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com